- “Gossip Girl” has been picked up for a 10-episode reboot at WarnerMedia’s upcoming streaming provider, HBO Max.
- It raises questions in regards to the future of the label’s availability on Netflix, as WarnerMedia has already said this might perchance perchance make a selection “Chums” on the pause of this yr.
- Bid about with Alternate Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
“Gossip Girl” is returning honest in time to gas WarnerMedia’s Netflix competitor.
The Warner Bros.-produced sequence, which before every thing ran on The CW for six seasons from 2007 to 2012, is being rebooted at WarnerMedia’s upcoming streaming provider, HBO Max.
Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, the creators of the distinctive sequence, will aid as government producers of the reboot, along with Joshua Safran. It has been picked up straight to sequence for a 10-episode season.
Narrate and cast facts are unknown, but the chance of a reboot has been discussed for a while amongst the creators.
“It’s one thing we have been talking about — Josh, Stephanie and I — for a little bit of of bit, honest by manner of, ‘Is this one thing we are searching to explore?,'” Safran informed The Hollywood Reporter. “We’re all so in take care of with the distinctive and had this sort of animated time engaged on it, and it be this sort of large segment of our lives. Then the celebrities aligned and we had availability to bounce, and Warners, obviously, it be one thing they’re very curious about. It gave the impact take care of the most productive time and moreover the most productive manner to attain it.”
He added, “It’s honest a new look for at this particular society in Sleek York, the premise being that society changes continuously. So how has this world modified, how has social media and its produce modified? All of these items enable us to head searching for out on the realm 12 years on as in opposition to honest redoing the fable. None of us are attracted to precisely redoing a fable.”
The “Gossip Girl” revival raises questions in regards to the distinctive label’s availability on Netflix. WarnerMedia has already said this might perchance perchance make a selection the hit sitcom “Chums” from the streaming large on the pause of this yr to gas HBO Max.
HBO Max is determined to launch in 2020, and can embody deliver from across the WarnerMedia library, along with HBO, DC Universe, TNT, TBS, The CW, and Chilly animated movie Network, besides originals distinctive to the provider.
Various originals coming to HBO Max embody “Dune: The Sisterhood”; “Tokyo Vice,” starring “Toddler Driver” actor Ansel Elgort; “Esteem Lifestyles,” starring Anna Kendrick; and the animated sequence, “Gremlins.”
- Read extra of Alternate Insider’s protection of HBO Max and WarnerMedia:
- HBO Max might perchance be WarnerMedia’s reply to Netflix, coming in the spring of 2020
- ‘Chums’ will leave Netflix on the pause of this yr for a new provider called HBO Max
- WarnerMedia nonetheless plans to provide DC Universe as a standalone provider as it prepares HBO Max for launch
- A WarnerMedia exec describes the challenges of uniting HBO, Turner, and Warner Bros. and launching the firm’s new innovation lab
- HBO took aid the Emmy nomination throne from Netflix with the encourage of ‘Recreation of Thrones’ and ‘Chernobyl’